- Strategies & Ranks
- Investor Tools
- Sabrient Indices
- UITs & ETFs (First Trust)
- UITs (TSC Capital)
Senior Software Engineers with Financial Knowledge
Sabrient Systems is looking for two motivated individuals to join our IT group.
We are an independent equity research company based in Santa Barbara. Our goal is to find quality investments using quantitative analysis of fundamental financial data. Our products include portfolios of publicly traded equities for licensing to exchange traded funds, unit investment trusts, and mutual funds. Our clients and strategic partners include some of the major firms on Wall Street.
We are looking for candidates with strong programming skills and a working knowledge of financial investments, company financial statements, and the stock market. In this position you will:
- Develop and maintain software for evaluation and relative ranking of stocks, and for portfolio selection strategies.
- Perform ongoing testing and enhancement of quantitative models.
- Perform back-testing of potential new thematic portfolio selection strategies.
- A clear understanding of programming concepts
- Programming experience in R, SQL, Linux, and Perl
- Basic knowledge of financial concepts and the stock market is a plus
- Basic knowledge of statistical concepts is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals
Good interpersonal and communications skills, including documentation of analyses and white papers
This is a full-time position in Santa Barbara. No telecommuters. Salary commensurate with experience.
If interested, please email your resume/CV and cover letter to HR @ Sabrient.com (no spaces) or mail it to Sabrient Systems, 3710 State Street, Suite C, Santa Barbara, CA 93105. No phone calls, please.
Posted: September 9, 2014